Thursday, February 14, 2019

Ambition







Image result for im ready spongebob gif





                  Kamala Harris: young, black, female – and the Democrats’ best bet for 2020?

       The Article relates to the theme: ambition, because it talks about a woman running for president. We live in a country that's never had a woman president, not to mention a black, women president, so announcing her presidency is extremely ambitious and motivating.


Quote of the week:

"Let me have men about me that are fat, sleek-headed men, and such as sleep a-nights. Yond Cassius has a lean and hungry look; he thinks too much: such men are dangerous"

Analysis
The quote is saying that men who are ambitious are more dangerous than men who sit around and are fat and are nonchalant. Men who strive to do things and are motivated are a threat to Caesar and aren't the type of people he wants to recruit. If the men who are behind him and are the "help" become independent and start doing great things, they could outshine him. 


Personal Connection

During the beginning of middle school, I participated in track and field. Although it was my first time, I felt inferior and slower than everyone else. I wanted to get better and be able to seem competitive in the track meets and to the other athletes, so I did extra practice and went to track meets on my own, without the team. It helped me and I was able to place in many categories. My experience doesn't relate to the "QotW" nor the article, but it does involve my desire to achieve something and get better. 








No comments:

Post a Comment